NewsPolitics

Ntim Fordjour fires back at gov’t over alleged cover-ups in security matters

Accuses government of evading accountability on suspicious flights, gold containers, and major drug busts

 

The Member of Parliament for Assin South, Rev. John Ntim Fordjour, has hit back at the government over what he describes as a “disingenuous and farfetched” response to serious national security concerns he has raised in recent weeks.

In a strongly worded statement, Rev. Fordjour took particular aim at former Deputy Information Minister, Felix Kwakye Ofosu, for what he termed as “outright lies” and attempts to divert public attention from grave issues concerning the country’s security and intelligence operations.

“No Security Agency Has Invited Me”

The MP debunked claims by Mr. Kwakye Ofosu that he had been invited by security agencies and had failed to honour the invitations. “No security or intelligence agency has ever invited me to assist them with any information,” Rev. Fordjour said. He challenged Mr. Kwakye Ofosu to provide evidence of any such invitation, stating that he remains ready to collaborate with the agencies in line with directives allegedly issued by former President John Mahama.

Blocked Briefing Raises Eyebrows

Rev. Fordjour also accused the NDC Parliamentary Caucus and government of deliberately blocking a joint security briefing he requested. According to him, the session would have allowed for transparent engagement between Parliament and the security agencies, but it was obstructed—raising questions about what may be concealed.

“What are they hiding?” he queried.

Suspicious Flights and Missing Gold Containers

The MP reaffirmed his earlier claims about the arrival and departure of two suspicious flights, which Mr. Kwakye Ofosu has since confirmed. However, Rev. Fordjour expressed doubt over the explanations given for the flights’ purposes, describing them as “incoherent and questionable.”

He further highlighted the government’s silence over the fate of 12 containers reportedly filled with gold and foreign currency, which were said to have been confiscated by National Security operatives on February 9. According to him, no updates have been given to the public or to Parliament regarding the status of these containers.

$500 Million Cocaine Bust Unanswered

In addition to the gold and currency seizures, Rev. Fordjour pointed to two high-profile drug busts involving cocaine valued at over $500 million—one amounting to $350 million and another $150 million. He criticized the government for failing to provide any meaningful updates on the investigations, warning that such silence could erode public confidence in the country’s law enforcement and border security systems.

“Ghana Cannot Become a Cocaine Hub”

Rev. Fordjour concluded his statement with a call for transparency and accountability, cautioning that Ghana can not be allowed to descend into a haven for drug trafficking and money laundering.

“They must come again,” he stated firmly, demanding full disclosure and responsible governance.

Related Articles

Back to top button